The authors are not responsible for the content of any external sites linked to from digitalmediatools.org
All material on this site is ©2007–2010 MacAvon Media and may not be reproduced without permission.
Digital Media Tools, 3rd Edition
Teaching and Learning Resources
Buy the complete book in PDF for GBP £9.99 or individual chapters from the authors' Web site MacAvon Media.
MacAvon Media PDF documents are DRM-free and can be read with any program that opens PDF.
Welcome to the support site for the practical course book Digital Media Tools, 3rd edition. Here you will find a wide range of resources for students and instructors using this book. Everything on this site is free for all to use. Additional resources and materials for lecturers and instructors using the book are available through MacAvon Media Lecturers' Accounts – please see the box below for further details.
The resources in each category under the menu heading "Teaching and Learning" are organized by chapter. Click on any category on the right-hand side of the navbar to see the full navigation for that category. For each category under "Teaching and Learning" there is also an overview, which provides more detail about the nature of the material supplied for each chapter. Not all of the categories have material for every chapter.
The Teaching and Learning Resources relate directly to the book and include:
- “Don’t Forget” Slides: these contain all the points from the “Don’t Forget” boxes which are presented at the end of each sections in the main chapters. The slides are are available in Flash preview on this site, and in other formats for lecturers to download from the MacAvon Media Web site.
- Teaching Notes: brief suggestions on ways of using the book to teach the software it covers, with notes on possible pitfalls.
- Illustrations: colour versions of those figures in the book that don’t work adequately in greyscale together with working versions of the animation and Dreamweaver examples.
- Exercise Files: files for free download to use in practical work. These include both examples from the book and additional material, and are accompanied by a range of supplementary exercises which do not appear in the book.
- Links: links to additional books, Web resources and software related to the text.
- Errata: corrections to errors found after publication.
In addition to the resources supplied for each chapter we have provided some more general resources relevant to the whole book. These are found under the items in the central column of the navbar: there is an extensive online Glossary, sets of Hints and Tips on using the software, and a collection of Projects. There is also a selection of sample material from the book itself available under Sample Material.
We have increased our range of services for lecturers and brought them all together on our MacAvon Media Web site.
Lecturers can now download free PDF evaluation copies of all our books, create course bundles of PDF chapters at discounted prices for their students to buy, and download complete sets of lecture slides and lecture slides kits.
Lecturers’ Accounts are only available to bona fide college lecturers and instructors.